Knowledge of North Carolina Standards, Curriculum, and Instruction to include Extended Content Standards
• Knowledge of Governing Policies for Students with Disabilities. Interprets educational policies and
procedures for a variety of audiences.
• Works collaboratively with the Teachers, Administration, and Specialists to provide leadership for the
provision of special education and related services for students with disabilities.
• Provides supervision of programming and assigned staff supporting implementation of programming
and supports for students with disabilities
• Work toward a resolution which ensures the best possible outcome for the student
• Provides correspondence within leveled areas regarding all programming and services offered by the EC Department.
• Ensures teachers and principals are familiar with any changes to the North Carolina policies, procedures, and accountability for students with disabilities
• Initiates collaboration with various departments in the development and implementation of
assessment practices and policies affecting programs for students with disabilities. Collaborates with
other curriculum specialists and academic coaches in special education and general education
• Assists regular and special education teachers with curriculum improving techniques for instruction,
programming selection, implementation, materials selection and provides teachers with various tools
and resources to aid instruction for addressing the needs of students with disabilities overall
• Assists administrators with evaluating the effectiveness of initiatives implementation
and develops strategies for instruction as it relates to students with disabilities.
• Collaborates on oversight of the placement process and coordinates placement discussion for intense level of needs in special education service delivery in collaboration with the IEP teams and other relevant team members.
• Supports communication to parents, administrators and community for
informed knowledge about various federal, state, district and department initiatives to resolve special
educational issues involving access to special education services.
• Performs other related work as required.Job Qualification
Master’s degree in education
Minimum of 3 years experience in administration
Certified Teacher and/or School Administration