- Assists in the instruction of individual EC students or groups of EC students in all curricular areas as directed by the teacher or coordinator.
- Collects data to document individual student progress on IEP goals.
- Plans and works with the teacher in devising instructional strategies.
- Operates and cares for equipment and materials for both classroom and individual students.
- Assists and supervises during emergency drills, and to other designated places.
- Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Participates in in-service training programs for professional growth.
- Assists in checking materials and portfolios, correcting papers, supervising, and testing as directed by the teacher.
- Assists in school routines and transitions.
- Provides physical assistance to therapists and teachers as needed in duties related to occupational and physical therapy, as well as assistance in mainstream classes.
- Provides physical assistance as needed to students by writing assignments under the direction of the teacher and/or written in the IEP
Experience working with Special Needs students, flexible, works well with others, able to support the differentiated learning of students, CPI Training a plus.