What are some of the characteristics that make up a Queen’s Grant athlete?
Our coaches and staff are committed to instilling the qualities of discipline, integrity, leadership, pride, and good sportsmanship into our athletes in order to help them prepare for their futures. Not only do our athletes excel in sports, they also excel in the classroom. The Queen’s Grant Athletic Department has a strict code of discipline and a grading standard for our athletes. We want the characteristics that our sports programs adopt to carry over into all areas of an athlete’s life—especially in academics. Our athletes are leaders and take pride in the school that they represent.
Academic requirements for eligibility:
- Must have earned a 2.0 weighted GPA or higher during the previous academic semester.
- Must have missed less than 16.5 days of school in the prior academic semester.
- Must be enrolled in QGHS to participate in athletics
- Must take a minimum workload that semester to participate
- Must have an up-to-date physical that is in the possession of the athletic director
- Must be in good behavior standing with QGHS administration.
“I know that my Queen’s Grant High School students are safe and being taught by caring teachers. The high standards are the goals necessary to prepare them for college and beyond. The athletics programs is a great added bonus.” S. Brunt(Parent)